Tuesday 20 January 2009

Advertising & Marketing Has To Grab Attention




Why are the PTC and PTS adverts SO BORING?
I included the above video as a reminder to myself and to others that advertising is all about getting people's attention. As a member of countless traffic exchanges and PTC sites I get so fed up of seeing the same old boring adverts that I felt compelled to write something about this here.

Affliate ads like the ones on Clickbank all look the same. They all try to appear different to each other but when you see hundreds of such ads a day you realise there is very little difference between them.

The people who create such ads are doing themselves a disservice because I am sure many surfers are not even reading most of the ads as they surf on the traffic exchanges.

Think about it, how many ads do you really read when you are clicking a couple of hundred ads per day...after a while my eyes glaze over and I find I am clicking just to get the credit.

Surfing should be fun...I am sure if the sites had something to offer that was fun or inherently interesting or different to look at they would captivate the surfers interest more and ultimately gain more sales.

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment